While walking out the front door of your business and shouting with a bullhorn to promote it is one marketing method, it’s not very effective. Not only is it loud, but the people listening would probably not be the ideal target audience. Likewise, blindly blasting mail into mailboxes is expensive and likely to land many, if not most, of your mailings in the hands of people who are not ready to buy your product. Target marketing for direct mail can help you reach the right people at the right time.
What Is Target Marketing?
Target marketing personalizes direct mail so that you can utilize smaller lists and connect directly with those potential buyers. One way to break down targeting is to think in terms of the five W’s:
- Who — determine who needs your services? Demographic information like age, gender, level of education, job and family size are all important.
- What — what motivates them? Make this part of your buyer persona for writing your direct marketing content.
- When — triggering events, such as a move to a new town, can make someone a great prospect for your services.
- Where — the geographic area you are targeting.
- Why — look into what motivates them to buy. Consider the benefits your service offers in relation to your competitors.
By determining a target market before beginning a campaign, you can craft a personalized marketing message for that specific audience. At NewMoversMail, our tools help you find some of the most receptive audiences.
How NewMoversMail Helps
New movers are some of the best prospects for direct mail campaigns. When people move, they are looking for services in their new local area. Eighty percent of new movers try services and goods from local businesses after moving. They are easy to track and target, since 80 percent will redeem coupons from merchants before, during or after their move.
We amass information about new movers from public deed records, utility companies, phone companies, financial records and over 30 other sources. These are then compared with one another to give our clients the most accurate and up-to-date lists possible. When pairing our data with a personalized, high-quality direct campaign, you can be the first in your niche to hit their mailboxes, increasing your chances of closing a sale.
We can help you be the first to reach out to prospects new to your area and ready to investigate services like yours. Contact us today.